The revolutionary XR16 is a powerhouse 16 input portable/rack-mountable mixer for iPad and Android tablets, and is ideally suited for both live and studio applications, thanks to its 8 award-winning MIDAS-designed mic preamps, convenient integrated Wifi module for wireless control, plus USB connectivity for file storage, system updates and uncompressed stereo recordings via the USB Stereo Recorder. We’ve also included the rack ears and protective bumpers for added flexibility in your studio and stage applications.
The freedom to move around and manipulate all parameters of your mix with the free iOS and PC apps lets you dial in the perfect sound from anywhere in the venue – or the tracking room! Advanced engineering and meticulous design deliver stellar sonic performance at an extremely affordable price – changing the game once again.
Whether you’re making rock history in the studio, or you want to capture intimate live performances – it’s never been easier to record stunning tracks with exceptional clarity.
When your application calls for a multiple-microphone setup, such as an onstage panel discussion, press conference or courtroom proceeding, etc., it can become a challenge to maintain so many open mics – and preserve maximum gain and priority for the moderator.
A major first for compact audio mixers, Behringer's revolutionary X AIR Gain Sharing technology can easily manage fully automated mixes with up to 4 live microphones. Based on the legendary Dan Dugan automix system, the XR12’s gain sharing paradigm automatically controls the levels of all selected microphones in real time, without any gating artifacts or noise modulation.
This function dramatically reduces the typical feedback, studio noise and comb filtering challenges that can occur when two, or more mics are in close proximity of each another. X AIR Gain Sharing technology provides a consistent system gain structure, even when multiple speakers are talking at the same time.
The easy way to send sound, Behringer's ULTRANET connectivity allows you to send 16 digital sources over a lightweight and easy-to-deploy Cat 5 cable to P16-D Digital ULTRANET Distributors, or directly to P16-M Personal Monitor Mixers. This powerful and advanced technology makes it easy for individual performers to create their own “more me” mix – and frees you up to put on yBehringer's best show. ULTRANET also provides the perfect conduit for sending yBehringer's mix to the new TURBOSOUND iQ Series loudspeakers, which can tap into the 16-channel digital bus directly.
The XR12 allows you to achieve the same incredible level of EQ finesse as the award-winning X32 thanks to its 100-band Real Time Analyzer, which is built into every input channel and bus EQ. Visual feedback built into the control app allows you to see and make fast, surgical adjustments to frequencies in need of a boost or a cut. You’ll wonder how you ever EQ’d without it!
Three companies shared a common vision – to engineer and build the very bestsounding, technically advanced audio products for discerning professionals. The feature-packed XR12 is the result of the engineering, manufacturing and application expertise of legendary console manufacturer MIDAS, the iconic signal processing genius of KLARK TEKNIK – and Behringer’s unique ability to deliver a superior value proposition.
- iPad/Android tablet controlled 16-input digital mixer for studio and live application
- 8 award-winning MIDAS-designed, fully programmable mic preamps for audiophile sound quality
- Built-In Tri-Mode Wifi router for direct operation—no need for external routers
- Revolutionary Dugan Auto-Mixing automatically manages microphone gain sharing (future firmware)
- USB connector for file storage or uncompressed stereo WAV recording and playback
- Award-winning X32 effects rack featuring 4 stereo FX slots including high-end simulations such as Lexicon 480L and PCM70*, EMT250* and Quantec QRS etc
- 100-band Real Time Analyzer (RTA) for all channel and bus EQ’s
- Rack ears and protection bumpers included for flexible rack and onstage applications
- 4 aux and main LR buses with inserts, full dynamics processing and 6-band parametric or 31-band graphic EQ
- 4 XLR aux outputs and 2 XLR main outputs plus phones connector
- 40-Bit floating-point DSP features “unlimited” dynamic range with no internal overload and near-zero overall latency
- Free iOS, Android and PC/Mac/ Linux apps available for remote operation via Ethernet, LAN or WiFi
- MIDI In/Out allows controlling the mixer via MIDI equipment (incl. Mackie Control+ protocol)