It seems ridiculous that nobody had really used a pedal tuner until the 1998 release of the BOSS TU-2 Chromatic Tuner, but it took until that time for the concept of a tuner-in-a-pedal to go viral. And go viral it did!!! Still today you’ll see a BOSS pedal tuner gracing the pedalboards of the majority of the star players of the guitar world.
The TU-3 Chromatic tuner is an updated version of the venerable old TU-2. It’s 21-segment LED display provides greater resolution, while it’s high brightness display can be more easily seen on outdoor stages. The TU-3 Chromatic Tuner sports a variety of tuning modes including flattened tunings and drop tunings that support extended range guitars and basses.
- 21-segment LED meter with brightness control
- High-Brightness mode enhances meter visibility outdoors
- Accurate to +/- one cent
- Accu-Pitch Sign function provides visual verification when tuning is complete
- Chromatic and Guitar/Bass mode (tune by string number, with support for 7-string guitars and 6-string basses)
- Flat tuning is supported with Guitar Flat mode, which allows for “drop” tunings up to six semitones below standard pitch
- Tuner automatically mutes when the tuner is on
- Supplies power for up to seven BOSS compact effect pedals
- BOSS five-year warranty