But really, what else could you need? The Thunderbird’s unique “reversed” zig-zag body design and equally distinct headstock was the brainchild of legendary automotive designer and visionary Ray Dietrich who was enlisted by the Kalamazoo factory to bolster the electric guitar line and help solidify the factory’s eminent rank among solidbody electric guitar manufacturers.
The Thunderbird bass was quickly embraced by rock and rollers in the States, the UK, and Europe and today, is still the ultimate rock and roll low-end machine. Building upon the long-term success of the classic Thunderbird, Epiphone introduces the Thunderbird™ IV.
- Epiphone TB Plus™ bass humbuckers
- Classic 3-point fully adjustable bridge
- Timeless Thunderbird design
- Body: Mahogany
- Neck: Hard maple
- Neck Profile: SlimTaper™
- Neck joint: Bolt-on
- Truss Rod: Double-Action, 2-Way
- Fingerboard: Dot inlay
- Fingerboard Radius: 12”
- Frets: 20-medium jumbo
- Nut Width: 1.73"
- Neck Pickup: Epiphone TB Plus bass humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: Epiphone TB Plus bass humbucker
- Bridge: 3-point fully adjustable
- Controls: Neck Volume, Bridge Volume, Master Tone
- Tuners: Premium die-Cast 17:1 ratio
- Outputs: 1/4" Mono, Metal Jack Plate
- Hardware: Black
- Options: Hard Case
- Typical Weight: 8.7 lbs